How Is Discovery Kids Pediatric Dentistry Different?
Our office is similar to that of a pediatrician – our focus is kids! We are additionally trained to better understand and meet the dental needs of your child.
We know that each child is different and may need unique care. We enjoy getting to know each and every child who visits our office; this way, we can learn how to work with them in a manner that they will understand and feel comfortable with. Our little patients can’t wait to come and see us for their dental cleanings and exams!
The number one goal at our pediatric dental office is helping your child achieve and maintain a healthy and cavity-free smile! Please give us a call today so we can start providing your little ones with the very best in dental care.
Why Choose Discovery Kids Pediatric Dentistry?
Here at Discovery Kids Pediatric Dentistry, our practice is focused on 4 main areas of care:
- Your child’s safety
- Providing a positive and enjoyable experience for your child
- Early intervention and preventative education for children and their parents
- Providing your family with the highest quality pediatric dental care
Our knowledgeable and experienced pediatric dentist, Dr. Zarmin Lalani, has advanced training in working with children and has handpicked a friendly and comforting staff. Together, our office focuses 100% on the health, happiness, and well-being of your children! Dr. Lalani specializes in the dental care of infants, children, teenagers, and children with special needs. Dr. Lalani provides oral sedation for children with severe anxiety. When needed, she utilizes a highly-trained mobile sedation team consisting of board certified pediatric medical anesthesiologists, and nurses and anesthesia technician certified in PALS in who provide IV sedation.
What Is A Dental Home?
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry stresses the importance of establishing a dental home for your child. A dental home describes the relationship between your child and his or her dentist. This relationship should be established early and revisited on a consistent basis. Having a dental home will allow your kids to have easier, less stressful dental visits because they’ll already know our office and our staff, and they’ll know what to expect at each appointment. Additionally, children with an established dental home are more likely to receive preventative oral health care, lessening their odds of dental cavities and tooth decay.
Here at Discovery Kids Pediatric Dentistry, we want to provide a safe and nurturing place for your child to call home!
When Should My Child Have His Or Her First Appointment?
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (known as the AAPD) recommends that your child visit the dentist by the emergence of their first tooth or by his or her first birthday. Your child’s first tooth will likely arrive between six and twelve months, so it’s important to bring them in to see Dr. Zarmin Lalani at this time. The earlier you get your child used to come to the dentist, the more comfortable they will feel at our office. In addition, early preventative care can help your child maintain a healthy smile for the rest of his or her life.
Your Child’s First Visit
We look forward to your first visit! We want you and your child to have a comfortable and fun visit. The following are some tips and what you can expect:
- Before you come, discuss the visit with your child. Tell them the dentist will count and brush their teeth. Avoid using anxiety provoking terms such as “shot”, “needles”, “drill”, etc. Let us guide them through the experience in a kid-friendly manner.
- You may even want to read books, such as Berenstein Bears Visit the Dentist, with your little one or do pretend play to alleviate anxiety.
- On the day of the appointment, we would like to spend time getting to know you and your child. Dr. Lalani will review the health history so your child can be treated safely. This is also a good time to discuss any concerns and address any questions you may have.
- If needed, low radiation digital x-rays will be taken. A complete exam will be done looking at the teeth, gums, soft tissues, and the way the jaws come together when biting. With the information from the x-rays and the exam, a complete picture of the oral health of your child can be determined and areas of concern discussed.
- We empower our patients by educating them! We will discuss diet, oral hygiene, and prevention to ensure optimal oral health.
Contact Discovery Kids Pediatric Dentistry today to schedule an appointment!
Discovery Kids Pediatric Dentistry specializes in making children’s dentistry a fun and unique experience every time. Kids look forward to their visits with us, from infancy all the way to adolescence. We love working and building relationships with children throughout their childhoods and watching them grow and learn.
Specializing in dentistry for children, we provide the highest level of pediatric dental care available in Frisco, Texas. Dr. Zarmin Lalani, a board certified pediatric dentist, provides the most advanced dental treatments available to ensure that children achieve and maintain healthy smiles that will last a lifetime.
If you would like to schedule an appointment for your child with Dr. Zarmin Lalani and her team at Discovery Kids Pediatric Dentistry Frisco, Texas, please complete an online appointment request or phone 469-365-5437.